from seeking truth. With that in mind, we need the Holy Spirit...]I. BECAUSE OF THE PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT A. PROMISED BY JESUS...
1. To all who believe in Him - Jn 7:37-39
2. A special dispensation of the Spirit unlike any before; different from:
a. The miraculous workings of the Spirit
b. The normal influences through the Word -- Jesus promised the Spirit to all who believe B. AS TAUGHT BY THE APOSTLE LIKE, PETER, PUAL...
1. To all who repent and are baptized - Ac 2:38-39
a. The "gift" could be that which the Spirit gives (e.g., salvation)
b. But I understand it to be the Spirit Himself (see "The Gift Of The Holy Spirit")
2. To those who obey God - Ac 5:32
-- Peter promised the Spirit to all who obey
C. PROCLAIMED BY PAUL...
1. To those who become children of God - Ga 4:6; Ro 8:14-16
2. Indeed, one cannot be Christ's unless they have the Spirit dwelling in them - Ro 8:9
-- Paul proclaimed that those who are in Christ have the Spirit in them.
[The promise of the Spirit described above mostly relates to His indwelling and the accompanying blessings